Topics : Art
Culture - Fashion
& Hot Kannada Film News : * hourly
News - Film news - Kannada Cinema Reviews - Previews - Music Chart -
'Mungaru Male' may break Kannada cinema records
By R.G. Vijsayasarathy,
Bangalore, Feb 24 "Mungaru Male" is proving to be one of Kannada
cinema's mega hits.
The top five Kannada films are:
1. "Mungaru Male" - The film's collections in the first 50 days
in Bangalore alone are estimated at over Rs.12 million. Even in
the Mysore distribution area, collections have crossed the
Rs.4.5 million mark. This means that the film is a real
blockbuster. It is still running to packed houses. Youngsters
are watching it again and again.
2. "Jothe Jotheyalli" - The movie has made its producer richer
by over Rs.20 million, according to trade pundits. It is
expected to complete 25 weeks in at least four centres and is
doing well even in interior areas where it was not expected to
make a big impact.
3. "Arasu" - The star-studded film had a good opening and
is doing well in major centres. But it is not running as well as
expected in interior areas.
4. "Bhoopathy" - The Darshan-starrer, premiered last
week, has opened well as it was released on a holiday. Darshan's
films normally enjoy a better draw initially, but this one may
not retain its appeal for long.
5. "Sixer" - The film is into its sixth week in major
centres. This medium-budget production of Ramoji Rao of Usha
Kiron Movies was the launch pad of Prajwal Devaraj, son of
Kannada actor Devaraj. The film is attracting college students.
'Mungaru Male' can be Kannada audio of 2007
Bangalore, "Mungaru Male" is all set to become the biggest audio
hit of the year.
The top five Kannada albums are:
1. "Mungaru Male" - The film has just completed seven weeks, but
audio sales have broken all earlier records. All the songs have
become hugely popular. Composer Mano Murthy has once again
created musical magic with songs like "Anisuthidhe" and "Onde
Ondu Saari". The title song and "Araluthiru" have become popular
especially with youth.
2. "Jothe Jotheyalli" - The film will be completing a silver
jubilee run shortly, and the success is attributed to the
quality of the film's songs. "Oh, Gunavantha", "Barthaare
barthaare" and the title song are hugely popular. Harikrishna
has made a great debut as a music director.
3. "Arasu" - The album is selling well only because the film
stars popular Puneet Raj Kumar in the lead. Music director
Joshua Sridhar has benefited by its success.
4. "Ekadantha" - The film is yet to be released, but the
songs are doing extremely well. Guru Kiran has scored again. "Bandal
badaayi madhava" and "Na uppukaara thinno hudug" are among the
chart-toppers. The album is expected to be a bigger hit after
the film's release.
5. "Bhoopathy" - The audio was released two weeks ago. Since the
film features Darshan and the music director is Harikrishna, who
debuted with "Jothe Jotheyalli", the initial response has been