Topics : Art
Culture - Fashion
& Hot Kannada Film News : * hourly
to Kannada Current News Section
News - Film news - Kannada Cinema Reviews - Previews - Music Chart -
'Sevanthi Sevanthi' leads Kannada audio race
By R.G. Vijayasarathy, Indo-Asian News Service
Bangalore, June 28 (IANS) "Sevanthi Sevanthi" rules the Kannada audio market, though it may face a challenge from the new releases in the market.
The top five Kannada albums are:
1. "Sevanthi Sevanthi": The album's top song is the one rendered by the film's hero Vijaya Raghavendra, "Jaaji Mallige Node". Among the other popular numbers are "Maayadhantha Male Banthanna", "Bhagyada Balegara" and "Nimbiya Banada Melina". Composer S.A. Raj Kumar has surely come back in a big way.
2. "My Autograph": The album of Sudeep's remake film continues its firm grip on the audio market. Twenty-odd weeks after its release, the audio is still in great demand. Though Rajesh Ramanath is called the film's music director, he has only used Bharadwaj's tunes from the Tamil original. "Araluva Hoovugale Aalisiri" is the top song.
3. "Nenapirali": Hamsalekha's music hits a high in this album. After Ashwini Audio has taken over the audio's distribution from Kalpana Audio, it is doing even better. The title song and "Kukkarahalli Kere" are very popular.
4. "Datta": Composer R.P. Patnayak is known for his focus on folk music but he has not been able to use his full potential in "Datta". Listeners, who expected music of the level of "Akash", are bound to be disappointed. "Baare Baare Bajaari" and "Manasaa Manasaa" are the top songs.
5. "Aajay": Puneet Raj Kumar's "Aajay" was a hugely anticipated film for the audio market. The album, however, has not matched the fans' expectations. "Hare Rama Hare Krishna' is the catchiest tune of the audio.