Topics : Art
Culture - Fashion
& Hot Kollywood Film News : * hourly
to Kollywood Current News Section
News - Tamil Cinema Reviews - Previews - Music Chart -
Newcomer and superstar had it good in 2005
By Aparna Nath, Indo-Asian News Service
Chennai, Jan 14 (IANS) The list of top Tamil heroes of 2005 has been mostly the same as the year before, except for newcomer Arya whose "Arindum Ariyamalum" has made him a hot favourite with audiences.
The top five actors are:
1. Vikram ("Anniyan"): Though Vikram had only two releases in 2005, it was still a fruitful year for the National Award winning actor. "Chandramukhi", starring Rajnikant, might have fared better at box office but as far as the top slot is concerned, it is Vikram who tops the list.
2. Surya ("Ghajini"): With the super hit "Ghajini", Surya has reached Vikram's and Vijay's level. He was amazing in the film, and it is definitely a landmark film for him.
3. Vijay ("Sivakasi" and "Thirupachi"): Vijay maintained his victorious run as all his films of 2005 were super hits, unlike many other heroes.
4. Arya ("Arindum Ariyamalum"): Arya can be called the discovery of the year 2005. In all his releases, from "Arindum Ariyamalum" to "Ullam Ketkume" and "Oru Kallooriyin Kathai", Arya has given superb performances. He is the new pinup boy of the Tamil film industry.
5. Rajnikant ("Chandramukhi"): The superstar of the Tamil film industry, who was lying low after "Baba" bombed, made a comeback with "Chandramukhi", one of last year's most successful films.