Topics : Art
Culture - Fashion
& Hot Tollywood Film News : * hourly
News - Telugu Cinema Reviews - Previews - Music Chart -
'Evadaithe...' rules Telugu box office
By B. Anuradha,
Hyderabad, Feb 23 "Evadaithe Nakenti", a remake of the
Malayalam hit "Lion", tops the fortnight's list of top Telugu
The top five Telugu films are:
1. "Evadaithe Nakenti" - Rajsekar makes a strong comeback with
the film, impressing audiences in the role of an upright
politician. Director Samudra livens up the proceedings with his
taut screenplay and sizzling action sequences.
2. "Madhumasam" - After Rajsekar, it is thespian Ramanaidu's
turn to make a comeback with this moderate success. Good
performances by Sumanth and Sneha make the film a winner,
despite clichés and mediocre comedy.
3. "Lakshmi Kalyanam" - The first-time combination of director
Teja and actor Kalyan Ram fails to live up to high expectations,
but is still doing fairly well at the box office.
4. "Desamuduru" - Allu Arjun's dances and electrifying
performance make a winner of an unpromising plot. Chakri's music
has also helped the film's cause.
5. "Police Story 2" - Saikumar has failed to re-create the magic
of "Police Story 1" so the film ends at the bottom of the list.
Keeravani's 'Okkadunnadu' wins Telugu audio crown
Hyderabad, Veteram music director Keeravani wins the bestselling
album crown once again with "Okkadunnadu".
The top five Telugu albums are:
1. "Okkadunnadu" - National Award winning composer Keeravani has
produced yet another album of lilting songs. "Abbovadentho" and
"I say, enjoy" are catchy numbers.
2. "Madhumasam" - Mani Sharma, known for star-oriented
compositions, has enhanced the ratings of this simple love story
with his album. "Devadasu kanna" and "Valentine" are popular
3. "Lakshmi Kalyanam" - With the film failing to get a good
opening, composer R.P. Patnaik's dream of a comeback could be
dented. "Bava bava" and "Aligave chitti", however, are popular.
4. "Anumanaspadam" - This is another album badly affected by the
film's poor performance at the box office. Maestro Ilayaraja's
delightful numbers, "Pratidinam" and "Kuyilalo", deserved
5. "Desamuduru" - With new releases failing to impress, Chakri's
fast-paced album survives. "Satte" and "Ninne ninne" still