Topics : Art
Culture - Fashion
& Hot Tollywood Film News : * hourly
News - Telugu Cinema Reviews - Previews - Music Chart -
'Lakshyam' poses a challenge to 'Sivaji'
By Kalpana Shastri
Hyderabad, July 12 Rajnikant's "Sivaji: The Boss" continues to
enjoy its initial lead, made possible by its release in over 300
theatres across Andhra Pradesh, but the blockbuster faces a real
challenge from "Lakshyam".
The top five Telugu films are:
1. "Sivaji": Rajni's charisma extends director Shankar's
honeymoon with the audiences. It appears only a matter of time,
however, before "Lakshyam" replaces it in the top slot.
2. "Lakshyam": Only a mass entertainer like this one
could have proved a match for 'Sivaji'. Dashing Gopichand
enthralls the viewers as the angry young man on a mission of
vengeance, with Jagapati Babu providing just the professional
touch the theme demanded. Anuahka adds all the glamour to the
3. "Dubai Seenu": The Ravi Teja-Srinu Vytla comedy now
face stiff competition from "Lakshyam". But "Dubai Seenu" has
what it takes to give "Lakshyam" a run for its money in the days
4. "Aaduvari Maatalaku Arthale Verula": Competition has
made the Venkatesh-Trisha comedy lie low in the list. The film,
however, still draws crowds in theatres throughout the state.
5. "Satyabhama": The Sivaji-Bhumika story, with a sand
sculptor as its hero, seems to be made for the urban audience.
It won't be a surprise if the film picks up in the days ahead.
Mani Sharma regains top slot with 'Lakshyam'
By Kalpana Shastri
Hyderabad, July 12 The see-saw battle between Mani Sharma and
A.R. Rahman continues. Mani Sharma is up this time, with his
album for "Lakshyam" creating greater interest among the
audience than Rahman's "Sivaji".
The top five Telugu albums are:
1. "Lakshyam": Mani Sharma knows more than a thing or two
about scoring music for the masses, and he has done just that
for this Gopichand film.
2. "Sivaji": It may take some time for the appeal of
songs "Style style" and "Sahara" to wane, but the downward
journey of the album on this list might have started.
2. "Dubai Seenu": Mani Sharma's "Kanya raasi" and "Seenu
seenu" are still on the lips of the people. The album can hold
its appeal for some more weeks in the market.
4. "Satyabhama": Chakri's album, by all accounts, is the
USP of this film. The album includes the music director's own
"Nee navvule" and "Karuguthunnai".
5. "Aadavari Matalaku Atthale Verule": Yuvan Shankar
Raja's album, with appealing numbers like "Naa Manasuki", may
stay on this list for a while.