Topics : Art
Culture - Fashion
& Hot Tollywood Film News : * hourly
News - Telugu Cinema Reviews - Previews - Music Chart -
Rahman's 'Sivaji' at top spot in Telegu album list
By Kalpana Shastri
Hyderabad, June 26 A.R. Rahman has emerged as the clear
winner in the in the sale of music albums here this week,
leaving behind Mani Sharma, as sales of the "Sivaji" album has
soared after the release of the Rajnikant film on June 15.
1. "Sivaji": The popularity of the songs "Style Style"
and "Sahara" has been sky-high over the past week or so. But it
remains to be seen how long the album stays in this
2. "Dubai Seenu": Mani Sharma's "Kol kol" and "Kanya
Raasi" continue to sell this album, despite the slight setback
caused by 'Sivaji'. The album and the film may recover
their popularity soon.
3. "Aadavari Matalaku Atthaleverule": The album promises
to prove one of the enduring Telugu successes of Tamil music
director Yuvan Shankar Raja. "Naa Manasuki" and
"O Baby" still rock.
4. "Sathybhama": Chakri has risen to the challenge of
scoring the right kind of music for a woman-centric film.
5. "Munna": The lacklustre film has served Harris Jayaraj
poorly. The album never received the response it deserved.
'Sivaji' leaves 'Dubai Seenu' a distant second
By Kalpana Shastri
Hyderabad, June 26 With a dream opening in 300 theatres
across Andhra Pradesh, Rajnikant's "Sivaji: The Boss" has left
"Dubai Seenu", the previous fortnight's winner among Telugu
films, a distant second.
1. "Sivaji": After "Aparichitudu", the Telugu remake of
Tamil hit "Anniyan", director Shankar scores heavily again with
"Sivaji". It is expected that the film will stay in the
number-one slot at least until the end of this month.
2. "Dubai Seenu": Though ousted from the top slot by the
Rajni blockbuster, the fast-paced entertainer from Ravi Teja and
Srinu Vytla may recover in the weeks ahead, after
the hype around "Sivaji" wears off.
3. "Aaduvari Maatalaku Arthale Verula": The trio of Sri
Raghavan, Venkatesh and Trisha has produced a comedy that
promises to survive stiff competition and stay on this
list for quite a while.
4. "Aata": Support of the youth for this Siddharth-Ileana
screen romance is likely to keep it going longer than initially
5. "Dhee": Srinu Vytla's film has done well to cross the
50-day mark. But now the days of the Vishnu-Genelia-starrer in
theatres may be numbered.